VMware Cloud Community
Jakub_P
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter upgrade from 6.7.0.50000 to 6.7.0.51000 - replication appliance issue

After vcenter upgrade from 6.7.0.50000 to 6.7.0.51000 I see strange error on VRA (Site recovery) web interfece when I try to open it from vcenter - "User is not logged in. Terminating method execution due to lack of privileges". It looks like replication jobs works but I do not know what is wrong. I had also try to solve problem by upgrading VRA (Site Recovery) appliance from 8.4.0 to latest (8.0.5) but no luck.

Anyone have the same problem? How to fix it? I did not find anything about such problem on google. 

Tags (1)
17 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A moderator should be along to move your thread to one of the vSphere areas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
hzenginKU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

we are getting "The datastores used for the desktop pool are low on disk space." warning on horizon interface after 51000 upgrade.

do you have any idea?

0 Kudos
Simselain
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I got exactly same issue after upgrading VCenter appliance to 6.7.0.51000.

SRM seems to work properly anyway.

Did you get any solution to fix this error ?

0 Kudos
cpetry7c1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same "issue".  I've upgraded vCenter from 6.7.0.50000 to 6.7.0.51000 and now I get "User is not logged in. Terminating method execution due to lack of privileges." when I log into SRM.  I don't have any problems once logged in.  

0 Kudos
onlyamd6000
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the same issue here as well.

0 Kudos
sputtster
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same issue after going to vCenter 6.7.0.51000. 

There also seems to be a weird GUI issue where none of the buttons for Reconfigure, Pause, Remove etc are displayed when ticking / selecting a single replicated VM, you first have to tick multiple VM at which point buttons are displayed and then un tick all VMs apart from the one you want to perform actions on. I did recently upgrade from the Replication appliance to the latest 8.3.x version, I don't recall if the GUI issue existed before this. 

0 Kudos
RussellArdo
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this issue as well.

From checking Interoperability matrix my vSphere replication 8.2.0... appeared to be no longer supported.

In addition... an upgrade is not possible.

So I've downloaded vSphere Replication 8.5.0-18710774 and deployed again... only to find that once registered and configured... I still get the same error "User is not logged in. Terminating method execution due to lack of privileges".

The odd thing about this is that although the error appears, everything does function correctly.

My concern will come if I need to recover and find it not working.

Any news on this issue would be great!

0 Kudos
Accounteks
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here after upgrading vcenter and vreplication vm's.

0 Kudos
cjscol
Expert
Expert

Anyone got a solution for this? I am seeing it with SRM.

Calvin Scoltock VCP 2.5, 3.5, 4, 5 & 6 VCAP5-DCD VCAP5-DCA http://pelicanohintsandtips.wordpress.com/blog LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cscoltock
0 Kudos
cpetry7c1
Contributor
Contributor

They've listed this as a known issue in SRM/vCenter.

As usual, VMware's workaround is to ignore it.

0 Kudos
thomasicbcs
Contributor
Contributor

do you have a link of where VMware mentioned this?

just upgraded my SRM/VRA to 8.2 as well and got this. it's annoying as hell.

0 Kudos
Dan074
Contributor
Contributor

I have SRM without VR - replication is done by SAN
I updated this morning my VCSA from 6.7.0.50000 to 6.7.0.51000 version and got the message "User is not logged in. Terminating method execution due to lack of privileges". I launched a recovery plan in run mode and no issue detected
am also looking for a reference @VMware.com for this error message

0 Kudos
Jakub_P
Contributor
Contributor

Good news

upgrade vcenter to 6.7.0.52000 and replication appliance to 8.5.0.3 and problem solved. 😉

0 Kudos
BB9193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue here.  Replication seems to be working fine, but it throws the error anytime I launch the client.

0 Kudos
rsteenbakkers
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same error. 

We got this after upgrading vCenter servers to V7.0.3d

we have SRM version 8.3.1.1 (We are going to SRM version 8.5.0.4 and will see if this make any difference)

everything is working as expected and no error with executing Recover Plans. We are using NetApp replication (snapmirror) with SRA.

A read that this a know problem is there a VMware article for this?

0 Kudos
rsteenbakkers
Contributor
Contributor

Do you found the VMware link where this is mentioned already?

0 Kudos
rsteenbakkers
Contributor
Contributor

This is a known issue and solved in SRM 8.5.0.3 see below release notes.

VMware Site Recovery Manager 8.5.0.3 Release Notes

0 Kudos