VMware Cloud Community
Thorad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vcenter Multiple Management IP's

I have a vSphere we're we added 2 ip addresses for management.

1 for us and 1 for the customer. Ip's are in a different subnet.

SSO login is configured

The webinterface is available for the customer on the secondary IP but when he tries to login I can see a redirect to the original IP, which is not reachable for him.

Is it possible to enable the webinterface for both ip addresses or do i need to redeploy the vcenter with the other ip?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TotesHagopes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I want to call out the disclaimer from the previous post onto here: Disclaimer: Although it is possible to add additional vNICs to the VCSA, as far as I have been told, this is currently not officially supported by VMware. Please use at your own risk.

Officially the only way we supported multiple NIC's on the vCenter Server appliance is with VCHA (introduced in 6.5). Other than this, it hasn't been fully supported to configure the appliance with multiple NICs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TotesHagopes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I want to call out the disclaimer from the previous post onto here: Disclaimer: Although it is possible to add additional vNICs to the VCSA, as far as I have been told, this is currently not officially supported by VMware. Please use at your own risk.

Officially the only way we supported multiple NIC's on the vCenter Server appliance is with VCHA (introduced in 6.5). Other than this, it hasn't been fully supported to configure the appliance with multiple NICs.

0 Kudos