VMware Cloud Community
crazy_xplorer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vcenter - ADD Host Failure

Hello Folks,

When I add an ESXi host vcenter throws following error while validating the certificate

"Unable to verify the authenticity of the specified host. The SHA1 thumbprint of the cerificate is:

XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Do you wish to proceed with connecting anyway? Choose “Yes” if you trust the host. The above information will be remembered until the host is removed from the inventory. Choose “No” to abort connecting to the host at this time.”

I would like to know which log files shows symptom for this error and would be the fix if it is known error.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gidrakos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is expected behavior when adding a brand new host that vCenter hasn't connected with before. vCenter is double-checking the authenticity of the host you're trying to connect to before adding the SHA1 key to its known-hosts.

Regardless, the logs you're looking for are /var/log/vmware/vpx/vpxa.log and /var/log/vmware/hostd.log

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gidrakos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is expected behavior when adding a brand new host that vCenter hasn't connected with before. vCenter is double-checking the authenticity of the host you're trying to connect to before adding the SHA1 key to its known-hosts.

Regardless, the logs you're looking for are /var/log/vmware/vpx/vpxa.log and /var/log/vmware/hostd.log

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
crazy_xplorer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The path /var/log/vmware exists.

But, vpx folder and hostd.log does not exist in my system. vpxd folder exists.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
crazy_xplorer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I was searching in vcenter, both logs exist in the ESXi.

Thanks

0 Kudos