VMware Cloud Community
Rao9339
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VVOl DS is disconn

Hello,

VVol DS is inaccessible  it was error showing from VC.

but Vm's running from DS is live but we are unable to add the VVOL

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

ok so I would create a new simple block DS and run all the VM's through converter, that way you know they are safe.

Then I would check the VASA provider registration in VC;

vCenter level, Configure, Storage Providers.... I'm guessing that your VASA provider is either missing or the certificate has expired.

For either of the above issues please check with your array vendor on how best to proceed...

But your priority should be to copy the VM's to stable block storage first; Converter will help you do that... if the VM's power off they may disappear...

Good luck

Fouad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please read the first article in my signature and try again.

Rao9339
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I Agreed

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I guess you didn't get the point. Quoting from the article, section 2c:

2. Thoroughly describe your situation. Don’t be a lazy poster as there’s no one people hate helping more than that. Include all product names, all versions, and all steps you performed to generate the result. Here are some examples of actual bad questions:

1. “All our VMs were powered off on weekend and why dont know when and why?”
    2. “Suggest discovery tools for data center migration”
    3. “how to install SRM”
    4. “I need to be able to enable the option to edit hot. vMware vSphere 6.5 does not have the option.”
    5. “Hello Expert, please help to resolve this problem <screenshot>”

Each of these examples is a violation of rules discussed earlier. If you aren’t sure why these are bad questions, start at the top and read again.

vFouad
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

if VC is saying the DS is inaccessible I would start by using VMware converter on the VM so you have a copy of what appears to be running...

vCenter Converter: P2V Virtual Machine Converter | VMware

But we really need more information to help us help you.

--

Fouad

0 Kudos
Rao9339
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for response.

DS is inaccessible . showing 0.00MB

we tried to reconnect from host , re scan the HBA's but it still shows the same.

VM's are running fine, we are unable to manage from VC,

Backups are failing continues

please suggest.

0 Kudos
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

ok so I would create a new simple block DS and run all the VM's through converter, that way you know they are safe.

Then I would check the VASA provider registration in VC;

vCenter level, Configure, Storage Providers.... I'm guessing that your VASA provider is either missing or the certificate has expired.

For either of the above issues please check with your array vendor on how best to proceed...

But your priority should be to copy the VM's to stable block storage first; Converter will help you do that... if the VM's power off they may disappear...

Good luck

Fouad

0 Kudos