VMware Cloud Community
sujeetmkalaskar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VSphere client 6.7 plugin Summary tab with portlet

Hi,

I wanted the created the Summary tab with portlet, where we can drag and drop the portlet.

I am using plugin-seed-1.0.0. for the development.

<extension id="com.mycompany.xyz.host.summary2">

<extendedPoint>vsphere.core.host.summarySectionViews.html</extendedPoint>

<object>

<name>#{summaryView.title}</name>

<contentSpec>

<url>/ui/vspherewssdk/resources/host-summary.html</url>

<dialogTitle>WSSDK Summary Sample</dialogTitle>

<dialogSize>440,400</dialogSize>

</contentSpec>

</object>

</extension>

Summary tab is not getting created and there is no error in the browser console, it just displays blank page.

Please help me to resolve the issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_vladi_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi sujeetmkalaskar​​,

Apologies for the late reply. I saw this question only now.

For plugin development questions please use the vSphere Client SDK forum which is full of folks who can answer them. The SDK team is also checking this forum daily.

On your first question: the portlet is not displayed because the extensionPoint is incorrect.

The vsphere.core.host.summarySectionViews.html extension point is available to support plugins which can work on both vSphere Client (HTML) and vSphere Web Client (Flash). It requires a componentClass tag as demonstrated by the WSSDK sample part of the vSphere Web Client SDK 6.5U1.

The vsphere.core.host.summarySectionViews extension point using contentSpec tag is supported only on the vSphere Client (HTML).

Your example mixes both declarations which leads to the extension being discarded. As I assume you are building an HTML-only plugin please remove the .html part of the extension point and it should work.

On your second question: the behavior is correct. You have properly extended the vSphere Client with a new custom object. In this case selecting the custom object category from the Object Navigator takes the user to the predefined list of all such objects like the default behavior goes. If the user then clicks a particular object they will see the tabs and all your other extensions.

The reason behind this is that the tabs are extensions applied to every object of the custom type, not a global property of the type itself.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vladi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sujeetmkalaskar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi _vladi_

I am developing the vSphere Client plugin and wanted to create the summary tab with drag and drop Portlets.

​I referred the below link to create it, but whenever i click on the custom object navigator, it is displaying only "More objects" data without any tabs.

​Only the table is displayed

Online Documentation - Developing Local Plug-ins ...

​Can you please help me to resolve the issue?

​Thanks,

​With Regards

​Sujeet Kalaskar

0 Kudos
_vladi_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi sujeetmkalaskar​​,

Apologies for the late reply. I saw this question only now.

For plugin development questions please use the vSphere Client SDK forum which is full of folks who can answer them. The SDK team is also checking this forum daily.

On your first question: the portlet is not displayed because the extensionPoint is incorrect.

The vsphere.core.host.summarySectionViews.html extension point is available to support plugins which can work on both vSphere Client (HTML) and vSphere Web Client (Flash). It requires a componentClass tag as demonstrated by the WSSDK sample part of the vSphere Web Client SDK 6.5U1.

The vsphere.core.host.summarySectionViews extension point using contentSpec tag is supported only on the vSphere Client (HTML).

Your example mixes both declarations which leads to the extension being discarded. As I assume you are building an HTML-only plugin please remove the .html part of the extension point and it should work.

On your second question: the behavior is correct. You have properly extended the vSphere Client with a new custom object. In this case selecting the custom object category from the Object Navigator takes the user to the predefined list of all such objects like the default behavior goes. If the user then clicks a particular object they will see the tabs and all your other extensions.

The reason behind this is that the tabs are extensions applied to every object of the custom type, not a global property of the type itself.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vladi

sujeetmkalaskar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update vladi

0 Kudos