VMware Cloud Community
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VSphere Replication: can't add my target site

I had VSphere replication working between two sites a couple weeks ago.  The VC (windows with embedded PSC) on the target was rebooted yesterday.

I need to replicate a VM to that target again today.  The target VC has two clusters.  The target site was showing as disconnected so I reconnected and forgot that we have some permissions for users and used a user account that is unable to see the cluster that I needed to replicate to.  Things started going downhill then.  I was unable to disconnect from the site and reconnect as it said replications were still in progress, even though I had removed all replications and there was nothing under the monitor window for replication.  I tried to reconnect with another account, but believe that wasn't really working as every time I tried to setup replication I was unable to choose storage on the cluster I needed.

Finally I shutdown the replication appliance and server and deleted them and redeployed them.  Service is running but whenever I try to add a target site I get

faultcode:server.processing

faultstring:'connection pool shut down'

faultdetail:'null'

I have restarted the vsphere web client service, I have restarted the Platform Services Controller client and still getting the same.  I am going to try to restart the whole vcenter next I guess, but getting fairly desperate now as I really need to get this VM replicated so that I can restart it on this cluster.  Any ideas on what else I can try?

Bill Dossett
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

hmm, finally got it working...  I shutdown all instances of the browsers and restarted my browser and suddenly it worked.  Seems like something might have been cached I or something.  4 hours of my life I am not going to get back, hope this might help someone else in the future.

Bill Dossett

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

hmm, finally got it working...  I shutdown all instances of the browsers and restarted my browser and suddenly it worked.  Seems like something might have been cached I or something.  4 hours of my life I am not going to get back, hope this might help someone else in the future.

Bill Dossett
0 Kudos