VMware Cloud Community
robertandru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VSphere Host Profile 6.0

Can't find any guidance to any limitations which this feature may have, for this version. Please guide advice with any link. Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flynmooney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not quite sure on what you're asking.  If you have one host setup the way you need then you create a host profile and reference that host.  Once that's complete you can duplicate by applying the host profile to other hosts.  I'm hoping Host Profiles CLI or something like it gets included at some point into the product.

Documentation: Host Profiles Usage Model

I noticed another thread on the same subject with no answers Limitations with Host Profile in vSphere 6

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
flynmooney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not quite sure on what you're asking.  If you have one host setup the way you need then you create a host profile and reference that host.  Once that's complete you can duplicate by applying the host profile to other hosts.  I'm hoping Host Profiles CLI or something like it gets included at some point into the product.

Documentation: Host Profiles Usage Model

I noticed another thread on the same subject with no answers Limitations with Host Profile in vSphere 6

0 Kudos
robertandru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In the tech White paper published for previous versions, was mention as below. What are the limitations etc for Host Profile v 6.0?

Cheers,

Limitations: (i.e)

• Only a single profile can be applied per cluster

Things not covered by Host Profiles are: (i.e)

• Licensing
  • vDS policy configuration (you can do non-policy vDS)
  • iSCSI
  • Multipathing
0 Kudos