VMware Cloud Community
rabihmansour86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VSan compression

hi

i have around 20 Node ESXi 6.5 , we are using on it VSAN

, from couple of week we enabled compression , now its round 30 % how i can know on which Server is working

BR

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rabihmansour86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi

regarding firewall or network problem ther is nothing wrong ,also  all the esxi are on same subnet  , so i guess its related to another issue

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello!

What do you mean by 'which server is working'?

Compression and deduplication in vSAN works on a disk group level. Objects which are on the same disk group can be deduped and compressed.

0 Kudos
rabihmansour86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

during compression , i have also on same time VM replicated to another site , some VMs not replicated with status not active , once i migraet this VM to another ESXi its working that's why i am asking concerning the ESXI server

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

If you migrate VM between ESXi hosts within VSAN cluster and this helps to repair replication, then this is not the issue with VSAN.

Check your DNS and firewall ports between sites Not Active Replication Status of Virtual Machines

0 Kudos
rabihmansour86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi

no its not related to firewall or DNS, because they are on same Subnet and the DNS is properly working , if you have any tools to check connectivity  it it will be grate

Best regards

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

here the kb is VMware Knowledge Base with required network ports

The first thing you need to check if port for replication is opened between ESXi host and VR server.

To check ports on ESXi use 'nc' utility VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
rabihmansour86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi

regarding firewall or network problem ther is nothing wrong ,also  all the esxi are on same subnet  , so i guess its related to another issue

0 Kudos