There are two VMs for which I am facing issue. The VM gets frozen out and I cannot perform any action, it reconnects automatically. But meanwhile its hanged the impact is that services are affected and I am not able to fetch data.
OS: Windows 2K8 R2 Standard Edition
Role: MsSql Database and Application server.
Could you please confirm the below mentioned details on this VM, so that we could understand the issue better.
1. Does the VM performance go high when you observe the issue.
2. What is the status of CPU and Memory from performance monitoring in Guest OS, Does it consume 100% just before the issue occurs.
3. What is the consumption of CPU and Memory as per the VM performance tab from webclient.
4. Is the VMware tools updated to the latest?
5. What is the type Network Card used on VM.
VM CPU : 12 Core
VMDK : 500 GB
I have reanalysed the issue and found that the issue is not specific to these VMs only.
All VMs are facing this issue when I am working on RDP session to any VM it gets hung up and then a message prompts : Retrying to connect.
I have observed no packet drops at the same time.
1. The VM performance does not go high.
2. CPU and Memory from performance monitoring in Guest OS is pretty normal.
3. Consumption of CPU and Memory as per the VM performance tab from webclient does not indicate high utilisation.
4. VMware tools updated to the latest.
5. Network Card used on VM is VMXNet3.
Check if there is anything reported on the vmware.log for the virtual machine and also in the event logs of the Guest OS.
Connect to the VM using virtual machine console or VMRC, test if you experience the same issue.