VMware Cloud Community
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware-tools loses heat beats

Hello Gurus,

I have an alarm that says the VMs are losing the Hear beats tried to find out what is that or how to solve and I wasn't able to find anything related VMware-tools is installed freshly with the same issue persist so hope I can find something related

Thanks in Advance for your help

Regards, İlyas
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We concluded that the Guest OS gets hung so VMware-tools stopped as consequence VMXNET3 is disabled or stopped so users disconnect from their VDI VMs Smiley Happy

We've refreshed the VDI VMs images and issue rsolved, just investigated on site today and all is fine that Gurus!

Regards, İlyas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

My suggestion: get a thicker skin here:

Sometimes vmware-tools behave like whiney little kids in kindergarden.

If it is the wrong day the start  crying when mother is out of sight for a second.

Heart-beats usually refers to to a procedure to track which host is using a file right now.

I look at this log-entries when I investigate failures of automatic backups, and other issues that occur when communication ESXi - to - VM is involved.

Just seeing those messages about lost heartbeats alone without any apparent function-problems along with it seems to be harmless - part of the background noise.

SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

But when the beats is lost, the VMs freezes and it should be rebooted from Citrix mgmt console or from vCenter GUI

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
adgate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Seconded.

What is the VMware Tools' version?

Have you tried to downgrade and reproduce the issue?

continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

when the VM has real problems we need to see full vmware.logs

SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We concluded that the Guest OS gets hung so VMware-tools stopped as consequence VMXNET3 is disabled or stopped so users disconnect from their VDI VMs Smiley Happy

We've refreshed the VDI VMs images and issue rsolved, just investigated on site today and all is fine that Gurus!

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
SrVMoussa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you can console to the VMs from the vCenter then VMs didn't hung

Regards,
Khalid Moussa
0 Kudos