VMware Cloud Community
ITRESCUEPK
Contributor
Contributor

VMware License Req Vmware vsphere standard acceleration kit

VMware License Req Vmware vsphere standard acceleration kit with 6 CPU License 3 year subscription raid 
We have 3 servers - how many licenses we need.

Moderator note by wila: Moved this thread to vSphere discussions and removed the duplicate post.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How many CPUs in each server? How many cores per CPU?

(You've created 2 separate threads asking this question, both in the wrong forum area - I've reported this thread asking for it to be moved, and reported the duplicate thread asking for it to be removed)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Andrewwss
Contributor
Contributor

this a very simple rule, but take addition variable, the processor clock, is important for the app performances (Threads x Cores) x Physical CPU = Number vCPU ,  for design different vendors recommend you a 4:1 or max 5:1 but in reality is more, this number is very  conserver

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.

vSphere Acceleration Kits are all-in-one convenience bundles that provide a simple way for customers to purchase all the necessary components to set up a new VMware environment. Each kit consists of six processor licenses for vSphere and a license for one instance of vCenter Server Standard.

vSphere Acceleration Kits decompose into their individual kit components after purchase. This allows customers to upgrade and renew SnS for each individual component on its own schedule.

For your 3 servers (max. 2 CPUs per server) you need a vSphere Aceration Standard Kit

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-pr...

In the following link, you can check up to which version is supported for your servers

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos