VMware Cloud Community
geschnei
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMRC missing device buttons on new install

I just installed the Virtual Machine Remote Console on my new machine and noticed that it is missing some buttons and has greyed out most menu items.

pastedImage_0.png

In the "Power" submenu all items are greyed out.

When I open the remote console on my previous machine with the same VM, using the same user, I have all options I would expect:

pastedImage_3.png

On the new machine I'm using version 10.0.4 of VMRC, on the old it's version 10.0.0. Both machines are Windows 10.

I already tried reparing the installation with the installer and uninstalled and reinstalled it again after that didn't work.

It doesn't matter if I click on "Launch remote console" in vcenter or if I open the console via powershell.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
geschnei
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't know if the repair, or the reinstall helped, but when I turned on my PC today the missing buttons were there, the menu items are not grayed out anymore. I was not prompted to reboot my machine during the setup, but apparently it was necessary after the reinstall/repair.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
geschnei
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't know if the repair, or the reinstall helped, but when I turned on my PC today the missing buttons were there, the menu items are not grayed out anymore. I was not prompted to reboot my machine during the setup, but apparently it was necessary after the reinstall/repair.

0 Kudos