VMware Cloud Community
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMFS6 datastores and VCenter 6.7 U3

Does anyone know if the issue with extremely slow performance when using Windows 10 1809 on a VMFS6 datastore has been corrected in the U3 version? Previously I had to roll all my datastores back to VMFS5 to get around the bug. VMware stated that they would be fixing this in the new release (U3) but I am not seeing it on the white paper.

I have upgraded to 6.7 U3 but hate to waste all the time upgrading the vmfs version only to have the same issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

From the VMware ESXi 6.7 Update 3 Release Notes

This patch updates the following issues:

~snip~

If a virtual machine is with Windows 10 Version 1809, has snapshots, and runs on a VMFS6 datastore, the virtual machine might either start slowly or stop responding during the start phase.

~snip~

André

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I haven't noticed any slowness, I just build a brand new 6.7U3 enviornment, to replace our 6.5 vdi enviornment so I've never saw the slowness. Everything so far looks fine to me.

0 Kudos
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks André,

Apparently I missed that line. This is the link that I was using. VMware vCenter Server 6.7 Update 3 Release Notes

0 Kudos
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Definitely saw it in mine. It was so bad (machines have Nvidia GPU) that they would time out when composing because they would not boot within the time needed.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I never was on the affected versions, I was using 1703 which didn't get the issue, I really hate upgrading when everything works fine Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
milindng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am also getting same error while creating Desktop pool with Horizon 8 View with windows 10 version.

the specified delta disk format 'redoLogFormat' is not supported

Let me check if I can get same error with windows 11.

0 Kudos