dmdhaneef
Contributor
Contributor

VM migration failed

Hi all,

I need to migrate one of the VM from one cluster to the another cluster for one of the customers,
The source host is running on ESXi 6.5 model UCSB-B200-M3 and the Destination is running on ESXi 6.7 model UCSB-B200-M5.
While performing the migration im getting the following error "Currently connected network interface" 'Network adapter 1' uses network 'NDC-DMZ-PUBLIC', which is not accessible.
On the source host the Vm is attached to the network DMZ-PUBLIC with VLAN ID:203 on vSwitch2 with physical adapters vmnic6&7.
And this vm need to be migrated to the other host in the different cluster where this DMZ-PUBLIC port is not available on any of the vSwitches, the destination host on the vSwitch2 is also attached to the vmnic6&7.vmkernel is already present on both the source and destination hosts with the same naming convention &same VLAN ID.
DO i need to add the DMZ-PUBLIC port group on the destination host or the vmkernel adapters need to be added? and Do i need to configure VLAN on the UCS of the destination host?

Could you please provide me steps to make the migration possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The destination host needs a VM port group of the same name as the one being used by the VM on the source host.

If such a port group doesn’t have the same kind of actual network connectivity, the VM might no longer by network accessible following the migration.

Oh, and.a moderator should be along to move your thread, seeing as this has nothing to do with a security advisory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog