VMware Cloud Community
DetrimentalWzrd
Contributor
Contributor

VM losing connection.

I have a VM that hosts an application, recently we will get reports the application is down. We fix the situation by restarting the VM, it is the only way it gets fixed. Sometimes when we reboot and try to log in, it says that the trust relationship between the workstation and domain failed, so sometimes multiple reboots are needed. Even when the application goes down, in IIS, the application is started and hasn't automatically stopped itself.

We have multiple VMs that host applications using the same vLAN for the Network Adapter and none of those have issues.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If the VM is on the network, it sounds like an issue specific to the OS rather than anything to do with vSphere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

>>> ... it says that the trust relationship between the workstation and domain failed,

Such errors are usually related to issues with the system's domain account, or with time synchronization issues, where the time differs too much between the system, and the domain.

André