VMware Cloud Community
aa2017
Contributor
Contributor

VM from VMDK

We have Windows 10 desktop that is around 480GB size with C drive 362 and remaining for D drive.

Will it be possible to import this size VM and use this as a template to stream desktops in Citrix?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Getting the desktop build into a VM is a job for vCenter Converter Standalone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
aa2017
Contributor
Contributor

The machine that we want to PtoV is not on the domain. So, how can we point it to the VSphere to have this create a VM on Vsphere? I am having problem even with the VMDK file. I get an error.

Operation failed

Status: Unsupported or invalid disk type 2 for ScSI 0. Ensure that the disk has been imported. I have put the VMDK file in a folder in the datatsore. From there I add the disk as existing disk and when I  Power on the VM I get this. I tried to do a conversion as per some instructinos and nothing happens and  it come back with all the syntax.

vmkfstools -i /vmfs/volumes/hxa-pr-ds01/win10 iso/vmdk/AppPrgWin10VM.vmdk /vmfs/volumes/hom-pr-ds01/vmdk2/APWin10VM.vmdk

0 Kudos