VMware Cloud Community
antidesgast
Contributor
Contributor

VM crashes. Forced to restart

Hello. Since past week, I have a VM that crashes about 1-2 times everyday. When it crashes, I don't have network access, I can't connect with Remote Desktop or Teamviewer and if I try to open the console con vSphere Client, I can't see anthing, no console shows.

This VM is our single domain controller but since then this worked perfectly.

Exist anything I can do? How can I know what is the problem? Some ESXCLI command to "fix" something?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already check the DC's Windows Event Logs, to find out whether they contain information about the crash?

André

0 Kudos
antidesgast
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, but anything critical, and nothing immediately before the crash.

Now I'm thinking.. I have another VM that has the same syntoms, but in this case is happening since a few monts. This is not important because is a VM for testing.

With the DC is critical, you know. I'm convinced that is a VMware issue...

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To find out whether it's related to the ESXi host, you may start with checking the VM's vmware.log. If you are unsure, please attach this file to a reply post.

André

0 Kudos
bhards4
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, without logs its difficult to assume what could be the issue.

Please upload the vmware.log of affected vm to understand the issue better.

-Sachin

0 Kudos
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The server sometimes creates problems after windows update. Have you updated the server? It is better to download a clean operating system and install it again and try it out.

0 Kudos
antidesgast
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find any vmware.log in /var/log. Where is it?

0 Kudos
antidesgast
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, now I know that you refer to the VM log. I can't interpretate it. Can you help me?

The last time it crashes was yesterday around the 12:00 PM.

Thanks<!

0 Kudos
antidesgast
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I’ve uploaded the log. Can you help me? Today has crashed 2 times Smiley Sad

THANKS

0 Kudos