VMware Cloud Community
shadmd007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Snapshot

Question: I have 200 GB of VM, C drive is having 100 GB and D drive is having 10 GB. C drive is full with 50 GB and D drive is full with 50 GB, if we take snapshot of the VM, How much GB of the VM will take in percentage or in storage??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Don't understand the numbers you're quoting. Can you show the configuration of the VM and the free space of the datastore where it is stored?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hi!

Snapshot is a delta disk where changes are stored.

Initial delta disk size is 16Mb. Delta disk grows when you change data or write new data.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Don't understand the numbers you're quoting. Can you show the configuration of the VM and the free space of the datastore where it is stored?

0 Kudos
shadmd007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Question: I have 200 GB of VM, C drive is having 100 GB and D drive is having 100 GB. C drive is full with 50 GB and D drive is full with 50 GB, if we take snapshot of the VM, How much GB will be snapshot take? shall it create snapshot of 200GB of the VM's or only the Snapshot will be created data has been occupied by VM?

Could you please also tell me in how much percentage space data it will consume based on above VM's configuration?

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Please, see my previous answer.

VM's snapshot (delta disk) initial size is 16Mb. It grows when you make any changes with data inside VM.

You can read more info about snapshots here VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos