VMware Cloud Community
tzaesg67
Contributor
Contributor

VM Power Management : Standby Response

Hi,

1/ I'm looking for an elegant  way to list all my VMs Power Management Standby Response parameters; is it possible to automate that check (>800 VMs)?

vmware.jpg

2/ Unfortunately, we have two different configurations for the Stanby Response, Suspend OS for some Vms and Put the guest Os into standby mode. We did not configure manually this parameter, so how could we explain the different configuration? Did it depend from the OS type?

Thank you for your help,

Thomas 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. PowerCLI is probably the best way, pop a question into that forum area: VMware PowerCLI

2. Yes, it depends on the guest OS type: Manage Power Management Settings for a Virtual Machine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
tzaesg67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, 1 question posted in Vmware PowerCLI channel.

Fir the second point, I've found that answer too, but is there a different default automatic configuration between W2008 and w2019 servers for example? I did not found the answer

BR

Thomas

0 Kudos