VMware Cloud Community
godaba
Contributor
Contributor

VM Packet drops

Hi All,

Please suggest me with any suggestions and resolution, few VM's from a particular vlan getting packet drops, blade chassis looks fine and network team saying everything seems good.

Kindly suggest me with any resolution.

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can't have a resolution without first identifying the problem, and you don't know where the problem lies. That is task number one for you. other than noticing dropped packets, is there a problem at the application layer? Sometimes it is normal for systems to drop packets in some situations, so if you don't have a distinguished problem you may be chasing ghosts.

0 Kudos
bsob
Contributor
Contributor

If the problem sometimes occurs please check your kpi metrics like cpu -  rdy%,usage, network - packets/s and throughput, if it this problem permanent please check your network configuration. Please provide more information about your issue.

0 Kudos
godaba
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, will check the layers, agreed for some times systems my lose packets, but if its single VM then no issues multiple!.

Can we suspect nexus switch connected to blade or ICMP.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can suspect anything you want. But until you've observed and gathered factual data, you're guessing.

0 Kudos