VMware Cloud Community
LonBlast
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCenter with VM

I would like to ask if is it possible to have the VCSA and VMs to be in the same host as I am lack in resources and would like to deploy both VCSA and VMs under the same host

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hi, yes you can run vcenter vm and other vms in the same host. (if thats your question)

Also, if you want to create a lab o whatever you want to do, you can have multiple vCenter VMs in the same host (note that a ESXi host can only by managed by 1 vcenter at a time)

Cheers

N

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WL1911
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, one a HOST, i installed VCSA and also build several virtual machines.

I use Vmware-VCSA-all-7.0.0-16189094.iso to install Linux VCSA on the same host as other VMs.

0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hi, yes you can run vcenter vm and other vms in the same host. (if thats your question)

Also, if you want to create a lab o whatever you want to do, you can have multiple vCenter VMs in the same host (note that a ESXi host can only by managed by 1 vcenter at a time)

Cheers

N

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

As mentioned by the other users, it's possible to run the vCSA on the same host. However, keep in mind that in case you use e.g. Update Manager, you cannot update the host on which the vCSA is running, because the update requires that all VMs on the host are shut down.

André

0 Kudos