VMware Cloud Community
KaushikLele
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCenter 6.5 Autodeploy. Hosts are deployed with image but not listed under "deployed hosts"

Problem in one line : VCenter 6.5 Autodeploy is enabled. Host which are booted with configured image are not shown in "deployed hosts"list

Configuration details :

On an ESX box I have created 2 VMs and created a private network (called as TestNW) of those two VMs

VM1 : VCenter 6.5. Auto deploy functionality enabled. Image created and a rule set to apply that image to all hosts.

VM2 : Windows 2008 machine which acts as DHCP server. SolarWinds TFTP server and provided it with  TFTP zip downloaded from VC

Then on ESX box I created a VM of type ESX, network is TestNW and booted it.  As expected it picked up up the configured image, loaded and VM started working fine.

But on VC this host is not shown under "deployed hosts".

Is there delay in VC getting updated ? Is there any setting on VC or any service to be started for this ?

Or does this functionality work only with physical hosts and not with nested ESX VMs which I am trying ?

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaushikLele
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Problem was with ESX version. I was trying image of ESX 6.6.3 on VC 6.5. Even manually adding ESX 6.6.3 pixie booted host on VC did not work. It gave error related to vpxda connectivity.

When I used image of ESX 6.5 it worked as expected.  Host was shown in deployed host section and added to cluster; automatically.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KaushikLele
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Problem was with ESX version. I was trying image of ESX 6.6.3 on VC 6.5. Even manually adding ESX 6.6.3 pixie booted host on VC did not work. It gave error related to vpxda connectivity.

When I used image of ESX 6.5 it worked as expected.  Host was shown in deployed host section and added to cluster; automatically.

0 Kudos