I am struggling to get VCSA6.5 deployed, It has stuck at "Installing RPM..."
I have already checked the following-
1. DNS Host A and PTR record created for VCSA appliance.
2. Checked and verified lockdown mode is disabled.
3, ESXi is running on Eval Version.
4. Firewall ports 443,22,902,903 (TCP) and 902,903 UDP is allowed.
Any other suggestions, please.
Can you please post screenshots that show all the installation steps as well as the values you're using? In addition to that, check and ensure you're using NTP (locally) in your environment and that you have time synchronization between the target ESXi host, the workstation from which you're running the vCSA installer, and the vCSA itself in the wizard.
1) I'd recommend not using mixed case in system names or DNS records. You should use lower case for both if possible. Sometimes case mismatch causes failures of various sorts (including certificate issues).
2) Your DNS server is not on the same subnet as the vCSA, which is fine, but are you doing forward and reverse lookups and returning the records successfully?
3) NTP must be used when going through the appliance deployment. Your ESXi host (you call it JP-ESX02) must have its time set correctly and the workstation from which you're running the installer wizard must be pointed at the same NTP server or else all time must be correctly in sync. You should point your vCSA at the same time source to ensure all three of those are in sync.
What is the build number or version level of Image you're deploying. Please note that if your'e deploying 6.5.0 a then that has known issue of an expired root password which will make installation stuck at RPM. This bug was fixed in 6.5 Update 1c, you have to download that image.
Also let me know if you're deploying this on Ravello.
1) DNS record created with all lower case characters, able to resolve dns
2) tested windows virtual machine on same network (portgroup) where VCSA is supposed to be deployed. Able to receive ping response
3) NTP service was stopped, Started ntp service ans setup ntp server as "pool.ntp.org", it is same on Windows managment host from where i am trying to deploy VCSA.
vcsainstaller logs shows multiple entries as
2018-05-22T21:38:55.793Z - debug: initiateFileTransferFromGuest error: ServerFaultCode: The guest operations agent could not be contacted.
2018-05-22T21:38:55.793Z - debug: Failed to get fileTransferInfo:ServerFaultCode: The guest operations agent could not be contacted.
Following ports are allowed from ESXi Side.
ESXi firewall is also running.
Let me know if you have any other troubleshooting methods.
Yes, Vijay, My lab setup is running on Ravello cloud, I am deploying VCSA on ESXi hosted on Ravello.
I am using VCSA 6.5U2.
Also i did observed root password of ESXi was not working even after providing correct password. Ultimately i had to reboot the ESXi and it worked.
I am coming back here as i am still not able to deploy a VCSA in my home lab.
This always stucks at Installing RPM and Stucks at 80%.
Network Config OK
No Firewall Blocking
ESXi has enough resources to deploy VCSA in Small mode.
Any more suggestions?