VMware Cloud Community
barrygraves
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA vsphere-ui not running, errors on start, webclient(flash) works but not html5

Just upgraded from 6.5.0(12000) to 6.5.0(23200).

going to URL of fqdn gets me to the server page where I can select the Flash webclient or the HTML 5 (partial functionality) client.

Choosing the flash webclient works fine.  Choosing the HTML 5 client yields the following error:

"503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x00007f912c007310] _serverNamespace = /ui action = Allow _port = 5090)"

This was an upgrade, so all services, routing, permissions, ports, etc. were fully functional prior to updating through the appliance management interface.  My understanding is that 5090 is used internally only and is set by installation.  Either way, I couldn't find details on changing this, but if I list open ports, 5090 is not listed.

If i list services, it shows the vsphere-ui service as not running.  If I try and start it, i receive the following error:

"error executing start on service vsphere-ui... an error occurred while starting the service".

I have looked to see if there is a duplicate vcenter server and there appears to only be one.  After searching, I am finding lots of folks with web client issues, but none with one client working and the other not.  Regardless, none of the "fixes" have worked.  Thanks for any help and time.  Full reboot of VCSA does not help either. nor does restarting selective services.  There are no errors or warning on Vcenter, cluster level, hosts, or vms.  I also could not find any duplicate keys or USB driver related issues.  Logs aren't filling up disk.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenediktFrenzel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could check the vsphere-ui logs /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs/

// Ben

0 Kudos
barrygraves
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I'm not a log expert, but I saw 2 errors.

System-artifacts cannot find plan 'org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.user region.blueprint' in repository 'USR'. (DE0700E)

User Region failed while deploying initial artifacts (UR0002E).

I found one KB that sounded great based on those errors but didn't help  (renaming the work directory).  VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos