VMware Cloud Community
mhzmhz
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA not powering on on Nested ESXi;

I am setting up a home lab with VMware workstation 12.0 with ESXi 6.7 installed with Hardware compatibility ( 6.0 and  mode 5.5 and above ) . ESXi starting OK , with its 16 GB of RAM. VCSA deployed successfully. It stuck at powering on at 57% . Not any good log explaining why. I tried deploying a windows VM , same behaviour. So , I know it is related to my CPU virtualizaion related. Even though I have checked vhv.enable = "TRUE" is there in vmx file. Virtualize Intel VT-x or AMD is selected on CPU virtualization engine box. Selected the VM ( VCSA ) property to "Expose hardware assisted virtualization to the guest OS" checked.

VCSA not powering on on Nested ESXi;

Fully dried out! Need help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Your version of Workstation is way too old to be running ESXi 6.7. Are you also running a DNS server as a VM?

0 Kudos
mhzmhz
Contributor
Contributor

I am running DNS on one of the Windows 2016 VM ; I have tried with ESXi 6.5 as well , same behaviour.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What CPU (make and model) are you running?

0 Kudos
mhzmhz
Contributor
Contributor

The PC is built on a gaming motherboard from AzusTek Computer - having the model Z170 PRO Gaming with Intel i7-6700 CPU 3.4 Ghz , 4 core. on Windows 10. With VMWARE Workstation 12.5.9 . All ESXi servers are able to install on VMWorkstaion and powering on successfully. But when I deploy VCSA , it is deployed succefully but not powering on . I tried installing a Windows 2016 VM as a nested one but not powering on. So , it is a compatibility issue of powering on a 64 bit VM on my nested ESXi issue!

0 Kudos
mhzmhz
Contributor
Contributor

Tried different KB's .. No luck. Attached the log with my initial post.

0 Kudos