VMware Cloud Community
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VCSA installation stuck at 80%

Anyone faced this issue ? This was while when many of us were struggling with this including me but didn't find valid resolution.

ESXI host in licensed.

Tried with separate PSC and embedded as well.

DNS settings are in place.

pastedImage_0.png

25 Replies
jipharbers
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this too. I wanted to redecorate my entire environment, so decided to reinstall vcenter. But every time installing it went wrong. So I also reset my ESXi servers. Again this problem, even after setting up NTP servers. As it turns out, the old Vcenter data remains in the data store. You can delete this (in ESXi's datastore, under data storage), and the installation should be successful afterwards. Good luck!

0 Kudos
AnasZak
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old post. but the solution is simple.

Click on "Close" button, Connected to the VCSA on :5480 (remember the https) and continue on Stage 2 . Using ESXi Free.

shakyak
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me. THanks

ArmandoMiranda
Contributor
Contributor

Me sucedio lo mismo con la version "VMware-VCSA-all-6.5.0-5973321.iso", tuve que descargar una version mas actual en donde solucionaron este problema, esta es la version que se instalo correctamente "VMware-VCSA-all-6.5.0-7070488.iso"

Saludos

0 Kudos
BiswarajPattan
Contributor
Contributor

@vijayrana968  Yes I have also faced this issue many times. If the installation stuck at 80%, connect the vcsa appliance with port 5480 and proceed to stage 2.

0 Kudos
zeemlinux
Contributor
Contributor

Worked. Thanks

0 Kudos