VMware Cloud Community
dfosbenner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA Upgrade from 6.5U2d to 6.7 - Fails Stage 2 Pre-Upgrade Check

I'm running VCSA 6.5 U2d Build 10964411 and attempting to upgrade to VCSA 6.7.

When Stage 2 is running pre-checks, it fails with:

"Error: Cannot validate target appliance configuration as not enough information from the source appliance can be collected. For more details check out the server logs"

I used to run vCenter Server on Windows, until I migrated to VCSA 6.5 a little over a year ago.  That migration was flawless and everything has been running fine since.  I have a very simple deployment.  I don't use VRealize or anything in the upgrade checklist prior to vCenter Server (w/ embedded PSC).  All my hosts use DAS, no SAN or clusters.  I don't recall installing anything

I rebooted the VCSA, I checked service-control --status and everything is running except:

vmcam vmware-imagebuilder vmware-mbcs vmware-netdumper vmware-vcha 

(These never seem to be running).

Tried Stage 2 again but same error.  I attached a couple logs.  I can upload the whole vc-photon log if needed, it's pretty small.

I'm stumped and can't move forward.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

6.5 U2d is not supported as an upgrade source to 6.7 U1. You'll need to wait until the next build(s) become available for that path to open up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

6.5 U2d is not supported as an upgrade source to 6.7 U1. You'll need to wait until the next build(s) become available for that path to open up.

0 Kudos
dfosbenner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ohhhhh-kay!  Well that was easy.  :smileyangry:

Thank you for the reply!

0 Kudos