VMware Cloud Community
oliver_g
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA 7.0.3 host update fails - cannot download VIB files

Hello VMware forum,

I am runningvvcsa 7.0. I have two vcsa's each with 3 hosts.

I cannot update any of the hosts using the "Updates" feature on the vcsa. This used to work.

On any vcsa and any host I get the "cannot download the VIB files..." message when trying to

stage the update patch.

I have tried downloading the 2d depot file, and running the update from a how using the esxicli - this works to a point,

but only applies some of the patches. If I go back to the vcsa update area, it still shows that more patches are required.

Any suggestoins on how to fix this?

Oliver G

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

>>> On any vcsa and any host I get the "cannot download the VIB files..." message ...
You are likely using the automatic baselines, which may already include metadata for the U3 patches, which no longer available for download. If so, create a manual patch baseline using e.g. the U2d rollup bulletin instead.

>>> ... and running the update from a how using the esxicli - this works to a point ...
What's the hosts current version/build, and which exact command did you use?

André

oliver_g
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Andre,

Thanks for the input.

I had no trouble updating my vcsa's. But the hosts are the issue. So your info on the automatic baselines for an ESXi host makes sense to me. I applied the VMware-ESXi-7.0U2d-18538813-depot.zip file like this: (for a host not vcsa)

VMware ESXi 7.0.2 build-18538813

esxcli software vib update -d /vmfs/volumes/60dbaec3-dc8138ee-af1a-f40343ce4d40/ISOs/VMware-ESXi-7.0U2d-18538813-depot.zip

Here is what I get if I do a dry run:

--dry-run
Installation Result
Message: Dryrun only, host not changed. The following installers will be applied: []
Reboot Required: false
VIBs Installed:
VIBs Removed:
VIBs Skipped: VMW_bootbank_atlantic_1.0.3.0-8v

Thanks for the reply,

Oliver G

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To be able to give you an advice, please let me know which ESXi version and build you are currently running, and whether it's a vendor customized ESXi image (which vendor/image)?

André

0 Kudos