VMware Cloud Community
scotte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC & ESXi 5.5 Not Responding

Hi All,

I am having issues with my ESXi 5.5 hosts being added to VC.

They successfully register with VC but after 5 mins they drop out (Not Responding).

When I try to reconnect them they think they are being managed by another VC, the IP specified for the other VC is actually the IP address of another ESXi in a different site not another VC, there are no other VCs in this environment.

Troubleshooting tasks done so far:

1. Checked the dns settings direct on the hosts & on the DCUI.

2. Edited the vpxa.cfg file direct on the host to reflect the correct IP address of the VC - (This just reverts to the incorrect IP after a short time)

3. Checked the hosts file for incorrect dns entries using the CLI in the /etc folder - (No issues found)

4. Restarted the hosts - (Not worked)

5. Checked that the VC can communicate on port 902 to the ESXi hosts

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Cheers

Scott

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you are running anything like production workloads you should consider upgrading to at least 6.5 in order to be on a version which is both supported and updated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scotte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are running a vSphere 6.5 environment and we are in the process of migrating to it.

However, this doesn't fix my problem in the interim.

The 5.5 environment was running fine before, I'm unsure what's caused this problem.

0 Kudos