VMware Cloud Community
BillVSP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

User Creation of VM's

This is what we are trying to do and need a place to start.  We have developers that want to be able to spin up VM's to test with, but I want to lock down what they have access to and have templates for the VM's to simplify the building of the environments.  With minimal action on my part.

Example:

Dev1 want to create a series of VM's to have an application already installed on 1 VM and SQL Server already installed on another.  I want the VM's to have the test network setup and Datastores setup so I don't have to do anything.  Dev1 will complete setup and test.  Then I want the VM's to be removed automatically after a certain time period so we don't have stale VM's sitting using resources.

I already have Templates setup just need to figure out how to be able to get the user a simple way to setup.  I have seen this in some of the training I have taken for CISCO where it spins up routers and switches you require and after an hour or day it disappears.

Thanks for any help with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What you want is vRealize Automation and it comes with this out of the box. Everything you mention is exactly the purpose of that product.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What you want is vRealize Automation and it comes with this out of the box. Everything you mention is exactly the purpose of that product.

BillVSP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply, I will look into this.

0 Kudos