VMware Cloud Community
rseekell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade to 6.7 U3 causes slowness and timeouts in vMotion, snapshots and more

Has anyone upgraded to 6.7 U3 and experienced these issues?  My vCenter is updated to the latest, along with a few hosts. If I do a vMotion involving updated hosts, then it takes minutes and minutes and often fails with a timeout.  I've had to try to move a VM four times before it finally succeeds.  If I take a snapshot, then it can take minutes and cause the VM to hang for a few minutes so RDP will drop the connection.  Other things are slow, like opening the web console or kicking off a log bundle.

I have a two-node fully-updated cluster and a six-node cluster with two nodes updated and four with the previous update.  The down-level hosts in the same cluster can vMotion and snapshot just fine, but updated hosts in the same cluster take many minutes to vMotion or snapshot, and often but not always fail.

I have had a support case for two weeks that is going nowhere fast, and so I thought I'd ask the community if anyone else is having this trouble.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Techie01
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Official KB from VMware - VMware Knowledge Base

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
LastAngel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi

i have some issue, contact support and send log. ploblem appear afet upgrade to U3

slow or failed vmotion on some case have VDS error

try upgrade VDS from 6.0 to 6.5 (no to 6.7) no resolve issue

after reboot upgrade esx no have issue for soem miutes, then new issue

mmmm veeam report some problem from our comunity

bug?

0 Kudos
PyroWI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IS OpenManage install?  Known bug with OpenManage causes issue like this.

rseekell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, we use Dell OpenManage.  Can you be more specific as to the known issue, please?

0 Kudos
Techie01
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Official KB from VMware - VMware Knowledge Base

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

rseekell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I uninstalled OpenManage VIB 9.2.0 from a host, and it is back to normal!  Strange that it didn't cause problems in 6.7U2.  Now I have to choose whether to run the latest ESXi without OME, or to stay downlevel for now and keep OME.

0 Kudos