VMware Cloud Community
craigygordon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Updating vSphere to v6 update 3 alongside vRealize products

I am looking to upgrade a vSphere environment from v6 update 2 to update 3 to close several vulnerabilities found on a recent pen testing exercise.  The environment also contains several components of the vRealize suite.  After checking the interoperability checker it seems v6 update 3 is ok with all listed components on the interoperability checker for anything listed as vRealize (all green ticks).

Does this mean I can just patch the necessary vSphere products (ESXi, vCenter, SSO etc...) without touching the vRealize products?  I understand there is normally a sequence to do these as best practice if they do require updating also.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If the Interoperability Matrix says they're compatible, then yes you probably don't need to patch. Do make sure you upgrade things in the correct order if they do require and update, however.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If the Interoperability Matrix says they're compatible, then yes you probably don't need to patch. Do make sure you upgrade things in the correct order if they do require and update, however.

0 Kudos
craigygordon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  I would love the "probably" to be upgraded to a "definitely" if someone has a definitive answer on this.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not sure what you mean, exactly. If the interop matrix says a given version of a vRealize Suite product is compatible with U2 and U3 of a version of vSphere, then unless you have obtained some different knowledge from official channels, the matrix is correct and no upgrade of said vRealize product is necessary.

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

All Green check marks against the product and versions means that they are compatible.

If you have validated the version correct then you should be good.

Unless you tell us which all products along with there versions we cna check by our self's here and confirm you.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos