VMware Cloud Community
veldthui
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update Esxi 6.50 t0 6.50 Update 1 HPE Proliant DL360P

Hi, I want to update to the latest version but am unsure of how to do it. I have downloaded the VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-Update1-7388607-HPE-650.U1.10.2.0.23-Feb2018-depot.zip file.

Do I just copy this to a data store and then run some commands to do the update? If so what commands to I need to run?

Also will my current VM's survive the update or will I need to restore them from backups?

I have done some searches but can't see anything relating directly to updating the HPE custom image and which file to use. I don't want to wreck my current running system.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
veldthui
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. That gives me the commands to run but do I have the correct file for those commands to run on? Would hate to have the wrong file.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That should be the right package for Update 1, but you'll still need to install patches manually after that.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You mentioned the server model "DL360p", why I assume it's Gen8 hardware!?

Please note that HPE provides different images for their Hardware versions , i.e. for Gen9/10, and for Pre-Gen8.

Unless I'm mistaken, the supported image for Pre-Gen9 hosts is "VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-Update1-6765664-HPE-650.U1.9.6.5.1-Nov2017-depot.zip", which can be downloaded from Download VMware vSphere (the link "Click Here for Pre-Gen9 Custom Image" on this site doesn't currently seem to work).

André

veldthui
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just giving as much info as possible. The server is a gen 9 so I don’t need the old image. Thanks

0 Kudos