VMware Cloud Community
SirHaschke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unmount storage

Hi,

i try to unmount a storage but i get this error like in the attachment.
No VMs running on this storage and no DVDs attachted.
Is it possible to find out what this error causes?

Regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Biemer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you just disconnect the DVD from the VM?

I always put the CD/DVD drive on "client device" to make sure that there is no link to the datastore anymore.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Es reicht schon aus, dass in den Einstellungen einer VM noch ein Pfad zu z.B. einer ISO Datei drin steht (muss nicht mal verbunden sein). Wenn dem so ist, dann das virtuelle CD-Laufwerk bitte auf z.B. "Client Device" stellen. Was auch oft zu solchen Situationen führt sind VMs mit Snapshots, bei der die Snapshots  erstellt wurden, als die VM einen Bezug zu dem Datenspeicher hatte. In diesem Fall hilft nur die Snapshots zu löschen.

Aufgrund der Fehlermeldung gehe ich davon aus, das der HA Datastore Heartbeat nicht die Ursache ist, ist aber auch kein Fehler das in den HA Einstellungen zu prüfen.

André

0 Kudos
Biemer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you just disconnect the DVD from the VM?

I always put the CD/DVD drive on "client device" to make sure that there is no link to the datastore anymore.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos