VMware Cloud Community
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

UnityVSA

Hi,

While adding LUNs via UnityVSA VM and connect to it through vSS everything is fine but while through DVS it doesn't even reach the LUNs is it not supported isn't it ?

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't know the exact support statements, regarding UnityVSA, but I don't see a reason why distributed virtual switches shouldn't be supported.

To me it seems that there's a configuration issue which prevents from accessing the UnityVSA / the presented LUNs.

Please double-check the configuration, or provide details about the setup.

André

SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I mapped the uplinks from UnityVSA GUI based on MAC Addresses to the UnityVSA VMNICs,  configured IP Addresses then I attached VMNICs to DVS PGs as same as with the VSS with no luck for the DVS to provide connectivity

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Unity and any other VSA does not have a dependency upon the type of virtual switch in use. If it's not working for you on a vDS, then you're simply doing it wrong. But without extensive configuration information and tests that you've performed (which you haven't supplied), it's almost impossible to help you.

0 Kudos
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks a.p.​ and daphnissov

This is a self explanatory screenshots the matching uplink from VSAUnity GUI side to the VMNIC matching based on MAC

Matching UPloink.PNG

Matching VMNIC.PNG

VM on DVS.PNG

When I use VSS it works fine with same exact configs with DVS meaning I bind the VMKNIC so on so forth ...

However it works fine with VSS and it doesn't with DVS

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos