VMware Cloud Community
bmurray2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unexpected error: the following NVRAM files cannot be imported: filename-file1.nvram

Trying to set up a Quest KACE virtual appliance, ESXI 6, getting the above error.  Anyone have experience troubleshooting this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

A quick look at the Quest site shows that ESXi 6.7 or later is required. Can you confirm that you meet this (and other) system requirements?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What are your source files? What tool are you using to import? Can you share a screenshot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

A quick look at the Quest site shows that ESXi 6.7 or later is required. Can you confirm that you meet this (and other) system requirements?

André

0 Kudos
bmurray2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Scott, the source files (.mf, .OVF, .vmdk, and .nvram) are an OVF template provided by Quest software.   Deploying from vSphere web client.  Not sure which part of the process a screenshot would help, but I've attached the resulting error stack from the event:

0 Kudos
bmurray2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'll get with Quest, but we have deployed a different template with the same requirement successfully.

0 Kudos
bmurray2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just verified with Quest this is the answer.  Why I didn't see that first is that we had deployed a different size, same appliance version OVF that worked just fine in ESXI 6.  (they have 1TB and 3TB appliances, the 3TB worked fine.)

Thanks for your help folks!

0 Kudos
mbates311
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  What is the solution?

0 Kudos