VMware Cloud Community
Vel_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to re-add host into VDS.

Hello,

One of ESXi host in a cluster got disconnected, I am trying to re-add my host into VDS but its shows error as below.

"vDS operation failed on host local, Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:00007efd7418e0b0, TCP:localhost:443>]: invokeHostTransactionCall Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:0243f658, TCP:localhost:8307>]: invokeHostTransactionCall An error occurred during host configuration. got (vim.fault.PlatformConfigFault) exception".

Can any one please me to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

Can you explain a bit more about whay you did with the host?

Did you reinstall the host? ot what?

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

can you check the vpxd.log when you are trying to add host to dvs and share the output of that file. How was the host removed from dvs?

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
Vel_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No I have reinstall the ESXi, I am not sure why its got disconnected.

I haven't find any clue in vpxd log. I reconnected the host and its got connected to vCenter too. Only thing I am unable to add this host into VDS and it show the above error.

One more thing host VDS and host is part of NSX.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Vel_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No I have reinstall the ESXi, I am not sure why its got disconnected.

I haven't find any clue in vpxd log. I reconnected the host and its got connected to vCenter too. Only thing I am unable to add this host into VDS and it show the above error.

One more thing host VDS and host is part of NSX.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Vel_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I could see still disconnected VDS entry in the ESXi host, how I can remove it.

I tried connecting via directly to host but remove option is grey out for that VDS.

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

if the host is connected to vcenter, make sure you have removed the host from vds before adding(IF it is the same vDS)

https://www.ivobeerens.nl/2013/03/15/remove-a-host-from-the-vsphere-distributed-switch-vds/

Unable to Remove a Host from a vSphere Distributed Switch

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
criszapanta01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Vel_VMware

Have got the same error after I removed my hosts (for a testing purpose actually).

Cannot complete a vSphere Distributed Switch operation for one or more host members. vDS operation failed on host [IP], Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:00007f7c704bacf0, TCP:[IP]:443>]: invokeHostTransactionCall Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:01ce2d28, TCP:localhost:8307>]: invokeHostTransactionCall An error occurred during host configuration. got (vim.fault.PlatformConfigFault) exception

One thing I've noticed is that the VXLAN host configuration went Invalid from the NSX side, (I'm actually not sure, but maybe coz of active VXLAN session from the cluster .

What I did is removed the VXLAN VMKernel adapter of the affected host (had removed the rest of the VMKernels, except for the management adapter which holds the vDS).

Tried adding the host again in my dedicated vDS and everything worked fine.

Hope this solution help.

Regards,

Cris