VMware Cloud Community
kalpeer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to find the vmware-mount command on latest VDDK

H Team,

I tried to download the latest VDDK "VMware-vix-disklib-6.7.0-8173251.x86_64.tar.gz". After extracting it i did not find the vmware-mount command for linux version.

Please let me know what is the alternate for vmware-mount command in latest VDDK.

i can find vmware-mount  utility in VMware-vix-disklib-5.0.0-427917.x86_64.tar.gz and not in any latest release.

Also i tried to compile the sample "vixdisklibsample" and there i dont see any option for vmdk mount.

Thanks

Kalai

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I checked myself and vmware-mount was removed, the latest release with the command is on 5.5 version.

So, if you want to download it: Virtual Disk Development Kit - VMware {code}

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

We are not a team, only a community Smiley Wink

I can see the latest one is 6.7 as you mentioned, in the official web page you can check it: Virtual Disk Development Kit (VDDK) - VMware {code}

Did you check the documentation if the vmware-mount command was removed from latest releases?

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I checked myself and vmware-mount was removed, the latest release with the command is on 5.5 version.

So, if you want to download it: Virtual Disk Development Kit - VMware {code}

0 Kudos