VMware Cloud Community
Logaro
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to enumerate all disks

Hello,
I encountered the following problem today. After deleting the disk data with IBM IMM, I did not delete the disk from the virtual machine and now the virtual machine does not want to start. He writes the following message:
Failed to power on virtual machine Win. Unable to enumerate all disks. Click here for more details.
If I want to remove the missing disk from the virtual machine, it displays the following message:
Failed to reconfigure virtual machine Win. Unable to access file [datastore1] Win/Win_4.vmdk

Logaro_0-1660639364820.png

could you advise me how to remove the lock from the 4.vmdk file, or how I can remove the disk from the virtual machine?

Thank you for any your help! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Logaro
Contributor
Contributor

Problem si solved via vmware technician support, Thank you for your help 

Solution : 

• We checked the virtual machine, it was not powering on due to an error unable to enumerate all disks.
  • After checking we tried to remove the disk 11 which Customer wanted to remove, but the VM was showing that it cant access disk 12,.
  • After discussing this issue with the customer, we found out that he removed physical disks from the IMM (integrated management console related to lenovo).
  • We were able to power on the VM after removing disks 11 and 12 from the VM.
  • As discussed we think that the disks removed from IMM had also disk 12 that is why the VM was not able to access it.

0 Kudos