VMware Cloud Community
dk37
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to customize VCSA 6.7 clone - HA setup

Hi all,

I want to setup vCenter HA, having a single VCSA with integrated PSC that was already upgraded multiple times. Last upgrade was from 6.5U2 to 6.7U2 (now it's U3). The Guest OS is configured as Linux 3.x although of course it runs PhotonOS. I already tried to change this after shutting down the VM but PhotonOS was not in the dropdown list. Afterwards I came across a KB from VMWare telling me that changing the OS is not recommended or supported.

Now my problem is at first the basic HA setup fails. I tried several times using different datastores but to no avail. So I decided to go the advanced setup way only to find out that this also does not work. For whatever reason I am unable to change IPs for the VCSA during OS customization when cloning. I can set the VM hostname but neither the timezone nor IPs.

My questions are:

- Does anyone know why I cannot change IPs during clone and how to get it to work?

- If not, will it be possible to clone the VM without customization and change the IP afterwards with the clone up and running (network disconnected of course)?

- Or does anyone have another idea how to successfully setup vCenter HA?

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
0 Replies