VMware Cloud Community
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to change the "auto-negotiate" mode to 10000Mb, Full Duplex in vSphere 6.5

Hi Team,

can any one please suggest in changing the nic (vmnic0 / vmnic1) configured speed form auto-negotiate to 10000Mb, Full Duplex mode.

Using HP Blade Gen8, the firmware is up to date in the chassis, and below is the error. Please provide any fix for this. Tried to change from the shell no luck.

"An error occurred during host configuration.

Operation failed, diagnostics report: Unable to complete Sysinfo operation.  Please see the VMkernel log file for more details.: Sysinfo error: Not supportedSee VMkernel log for details."

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BerndtSchumann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What NICs have you got for vmnic0/vmnic1?

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

elxnet for vmnic0 and vmnic1

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Emulex 10GB

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

needed your help in this scenario,  tested in other way after applying HP Blade SPP, before applying the host profile the "configure speed" showing as 10000Mb.

After applying the host profile its showing as "auto-negotiate" mode where unable to change the settings to 10000Mb Full Duplex mode (dvS).

other hosts are working fine with the Distributed V.Switch "configure speed" 10000Mb.

VMware tech support suggested for nic firmware upgrade, but as the other hosts working with same nic firmware. Why should I go for nic firmware upgrade.

Kindly please help me at the ealiest.

Before applying the host profile

After applying the host profile

0 Kudos
VPXA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After Applying host profile

After Applying the Host Profile.PNG

Before Applying host profile

Before Applying the host profile.PNG

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

It does not look like its a hosprofile issue.

rather it is something to do with DVS and vSwitch usage.

can you create a dummy DVS and add this host to the DVS.. please keep host profile out of the picture for now.

Create a new DVS and add this host ot DVS.. share the uplink configurations of the newly created DVS

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos