VMware Cloud Community
tomare
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to assign licens to esxi 6.5 host

I am unable to assign a license i vcenter appliance to a host. In the Licenses view the correct number of licensed hosts shows:

pastedImage_0.png

But under Solutions it counts 14 CPUs assigned:

pastedImage_1.png

I have search around under licenses. The license count is correct in some views, but in this particular view it is wrong. When I try to add a host I get an error that there is insufficient license.

Kind regards

Tom Torum

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Hi,

what vCenter and PSC topology looks like in your environment? Is PSC external? How many PSCs and vCenters are deployed in this environment?

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you confirm that the existing license is for the ESXi host's version.

André

0 Kudos
tomare
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, we have one vCenter with embedded PSC.

0 Kudos
tomare
Contributor
Contributor

All hosts are esxi 6.5, and all licenses are this type: "VMware vSphere 6 Enterprise Plus to vSphere 6 with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for 1 Processor"

I would also like to add that all the hosts have been licensed correctly. The error came overnight, without any obvious explanation. While we where investigating the problem. One host crashed because of an hardware error. It had to be removed, and now we get an insufficient license error when we try to add it back in, even if there should be two available CPU licenses.

Tom Torum

0 Kudos