VMware Cloud Community
Marianne71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to add Host to vCenter

Dear all

for years, we are operating two hosts with vCenter Appliance on one of them.

We have now added a thrid Host, and can also add this Host to vCenter Appliance, as long as we leave the Appliance on the same host.

We have shutdown the vCenter Applicance and moved it to the new host.

There it ist possible to have connection to the two older hosts, however it isn't possible to connect to the new host.

As we are using a system in German, the error message may vary in English, but it says about: Communication with the host specified not possible. Maybe the host is not available in the network, there is a network configuration problem or the management services on this host do not react.

I assume that it cannot be neither a configuration nor a network problem, as we could not add the host the the vCenter when located on the old host either.

Also, we can access the new host using its IP nummer without problem.

Versions used:

Host1: 6.0.0

Host2: 6.0.0

Host3: 6.5.0. Update 2

vCenter Appliance: 6.7

Where do we go wrong?

Many thanks for your inputs.

Kind regards,

Marianne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marianne71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your input. We have checked the ports and firewall settings; this isn't the cause.

However, we have now figured it out. there was a probem with the certificate, which we have now resolved.

vCenter ist no working correctly on the new host.

Many thanks and regards,

Marianne

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Well it seems a networking issue... but let's check it:

I'll check port 902, you can check more information here: Incoming and Outgoing Firewall Ports for ESXi Hosts

Also, would be useful to check syslog.log because I think vxpa.log is only when it's managed from a vCenter.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
Marianne71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your input. We have checked the ports and firewall settings; this isn't the cause.

However, we have now figured it out. there was a probem with the certificate, which we have now resolved.

vCenter ist no working correctly on the new host.

Many thanks and regards,

Marianne

0 Kudos