VMware Cloud Community
JohnnyH2
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to access Vsphere on webgui after system restart?

Hello,

I have a server consisting of several blades and a switch that I restarted. Prior to powering down, I turned off the servers through vSphere. After starting the system back up, I was unable to connect to vSphere through the webgui and the ip was unpingable. Additionally, the blades show up as powered on in the connected device list and each blade is pingable along with every Lynx OS based VM. Every windows OS VM is unpingable as well. Can anyone help diagnose this problem or help guide me to get access to the vsphere webgui???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you say vSphere do you mean ESXi or VCSA? If its VCSA, connect to the web interface for host the VM resides on and open the console for the VCSA. Then run the following command to list the status of all services: service-control --status  start any stopped services using: service-control --start <servicename>

JohnnyH2
Contributor
Contributor

I believe VCSA. I am unable to even access the web interface for the host and can't access any VMs so I can't get to the console you mention.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.

If I understand you correctly, you have a computer with several server blades, this is a chassis of which manufacturer (Lenovo, IBM, HP ??).

If you have a chassis or a server you must have an administration module, do you have access to it? Can you access it remotely on the local console of each server?

What version (Build) of VMware vsphere are you using?

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
JohnnyH2
Contributor
Contributor

The chassis is HP and I am unable to remotely access the local consoles since I can't access the servers. I am using version 5.5.2

0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you have HP servers, then you most likely have iLO for out-of-band management. If this was never configured, do you have physical access to the server to plug in a monitor and keyboard?

0 Kudos