VMware Cloud Community
Tyagirr0063
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Deploy OVF in vCenter Appliance 6.7u1

Error :

This version of vCenter Server does not support Deploy OVF Template using this version of vSphere Web Client.

To Deploy OVF Template, login with version 6.7.0.0 of vSphere Web Client.

Already upgraded the appliance to 6.7 latest build .

vSphere Client logs

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: com.vmware.license.client.cis.ls.authz.AuthorizationException: com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.OperationNotFound: OperationNotFound (com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.operation_not_found) => {

messages = [LocalizableMessage (com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message) => {

id = vapi.method.input.invalid.interface,

defaultMessage = Cannot find service 'com.vmware.cis.authz.privilege'.,

args = [com.vmware.cis.authz.privilege]

}],

data = <null>

}

at com.vmware.license.client.cis.ls.authz.impl.VpxAuthorizationManagerImpl.isLicensingAdminPrivilegeGranted(VpxAuthorizationManagerImpl.java:72)

at com.vmware.license.client.cis.ls.authz.impl.CacheAuthorizationManagerWrapperImpl.isLicensingAdminPrivilegeGranted(CacheAuthorizationManagerWrapperImpl.java:64)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:333)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)

at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:133)

at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:121)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:213)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy373.isLicensingAdminPrivilegeGranted(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.license.client.cis.global.impl.LicensingGlobalDataEditorImpl.isLicensingAdminPrivilegeGranted(LicensingGlobalDataEditorImpl.java:96)

... 20 common frames omitted

Caused by: com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.OperationNotFound: OperationNotFound (com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.operation_not_found) => {

messages = [LocalizableMessage (com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message) => {

id = vapi.method.input.invalid.interface,

defaultMessage = Cannot find service 'com.vmware.cis.authz.privilege'.,

args = [com.vmware.cis.authz.privilege]

}],

data = <null>

}

at java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1559)

at com.vmware.vapi.bindings.client.AsyncCallbackSyncAdapter.get_aroundBody1$advice(AsyncCallbackSyncAdapter.java:49)

at com.vmware.vapi.bindings.client.AsyncCallbackSyncAdapter.get(AsyncCallbackSyncAdapter.java:1)

at com.vmware.vapi.internal.bindings.Stub.invokeMethod(Stub.java:149)

at com.vmware.cis.authz.PrivilegeStub.batchHasPrivileges(PrivilegeStub.java:348)

at com.vmware.cis.authz.PrivilegeStub.batchHasPrivileges(PrivilegeStub.java:339)

Already implemented the steps as per the below mentioned article , but still issue remains the same .

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151085

8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This is not enough information to go on. Please show screenshots of what you're trying to do, where, and how.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

With the information you've provided, one can only guess.

Some products require the Flash based Web Client (e.g. vSphere Replication 8.1) for deployment, so it may be worth trying to deploy your OFV using this client.

André

0 Kudos
future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have the same issue with vSphere 6.7U1. ESXi Hosts are all patched with 11675023. No errors displayed in my case, just the deployment of OVF fails.

Cannot deploy any .OVF files with either the FLEX or HTML5 interface. This issue is made worse by the fact that my associated NSX 6.4.4 instance cannot deploy and ESGs because again this fails at the deployment of the OVF!

Using the ESXi web interface allows successful deployment of an OVF but this doesn't help me with NSX!.

future2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fixed... disabled DRS and HA on the Cluster, looking at the vpxd.log led me to make this change. After this ESG deployed from NSX straight away. Strange bug.

0 Kudos
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Indeed strange. I did some digging around and found that there maybe more cases where particular OVA may fail to deploy. However, the workaround provided to that is to use ovftool.

OP Tyagirr0063 can try deployment through ovftool and share feedback if this works in his case. Also, OP should raise case with VMware support in parallel to get more information and resolution to the issue.

Ref: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/60390

OVFTool: Open Virtualization Format Tool (ovftool) - VMware {code}

Edit: formatting

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
HFMudd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've got the same problem with 6.7u1 I'm not able to deploy OVFs via VCSA with either Flex or HTML5. OVF deploys fine from host UI.... The same manifested on another environment that applied u1 to as well.

0 Kudos
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Seems like an issue with 6.7 U1. Are you getting the similar error as shared by OP ? If you're getting a different error, let us know.

Other than deploying directly from host, try deploying through ovftool as well. In parallel, I suggest to raise case with VMware Technical Support to see what's going on.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
VIR2AL3X
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also worth noting to double check and ensure that the Content Library service is started and running.  Apparently, it relies on this service.

0 Kudos