VMware Cloud Community
DanPaLewis
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Consolidate Snapshots (Appears due to missing file?)

Hello,

I am having difficulty with a particular machine that states consolidation is needed.  I have attempted to consolidate with the machine offline, however that still appears to be unsuccessful. I have not been able to identify any actual locks on the files, however I was able to see that apparently it is trying to open a -00001-flat.vmdk file and lock it, which doesn't exist and it can't do.

Is there any way that we can consolidate the files without that existing?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Some more details are required to answer your question.
To start with, please run ls -lisa > filelist.txt in the VM's folder, then download the filelist.txt, compress/zip it, and attach the .zip archive to your next reply.
In addition to this please run grep -i vmdk *.vmx to find out the VM's current virtual disk file, and post that information.

André

0 Kudos
DanPaLewis
Contributor
Contributor

AP, I have attached the file that you have requested. Also when running your command, I received this response:

scsi0:0.fileName = "ETCEMREEPP01-000001.vmdk"

Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't see anything wrong with the file list. Since the VM seems to be working, please compress/attach the VM's current vmware.log file to your next reply.

... however I was able to see that apparently it is trying to open a -00001-flat.vmdk

Where did you see this? Snapshot files usually have delta (or sespare for current versions) in their names. Only base virtual disks have flat in their name.

André

0 Kudos