VMware Cloud Community
MohanBandarupa1
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to BOOT the VM from ISO Image after enable the BIOS in VM level

Hi Team,

Today i am facing one strange issue with my Linux VM. One of the Linux 64 bit  Virtual servers went read only file system  mode. I attached ISO Image from local  Data store and BIOS option enabled and rebooted. Opened BIOS Option and selected boot order from CD/DVD and saved and exit. Here the issue started VM loading OS from local HDD not booting  from CD/DVD . Can you please let me know how to fix the issue.

I searched google also but no luck.

Thanks in advance

Mohan Bandarupalli

Ph:08553777583

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Check the configuration of your CD-ROM device to ensure the option is enabled where it's connected at power on. If it is, and your boot order has it listed first, you don't have a bootable image.

0 Kudos
MohanBandarupa1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Daphnissov,

Thanks for your quick response .

I Tried all possible ways but no luck. Boot order is cd-dvd / removable disk / HDD / n/w boot

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

We are using OVM ( Oracle Virtual manager ) to change the individual VM bios option like bios.bootDeviceClasses = "allow:hd,net" to bios.bootDeviceClasses = "allow:hd,cd"  under    [vm name].vmx file but no luck .

Please let me know is there any other possibilities we have to fix this issue.

Thanks In advance 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Does The "CD-ROM drive" option show up in the Boot menu?

To get to the boot menu, set the "Power On Boot Delay" in the VM's boot options (see your screenshot) to e.g. 5000 ms, and then press the ESC key once after powering on the VM, and while the boot delay counts down.

André

0 Kudos