VMware Cloud Community
nickartman
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Activate VCenter Essentials License on ESXI Host

Hey all, I am unable to activate my newly purchased ESXI VCenter essentials.  I have a C220M5 with the following specs but VCenter absolutely will nto let me activate it.

The created license with serial key XXXXX cannot be assigned to the chosen asset

• Hypervisor:VMware ESXi, 6.7.0, 14320388
  • Model:UCSC-C220-M5SX
  • Processor Type:Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5118 CPU @ 2.30GHz
  • Logical Processors:48
  • NICs:4
  • Virtual Machines:8

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to debug this? I have checked logs and support seems to not exist.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
adamevaristo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick

What do you mean "support doesn't exist"? What did support tell you?

0 Kudos
nickartman
Contributor
Contributor

The version of essentials that I got, the roughly $500 one on the website, does not appear to include support, and I cannot find anywhere on the website that will allow me to contact support. Do you have a phone number I can call?

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
You should log in to My vmware (free registration) and enter request support

The vSphere Essentials Kit licenses includes 6 CPU licenses of vSphere Essentials (for 3 ESXi servers with up to 2 processors each) and 1 license for vCenter Server Essentials.

License 6 can only be used for VMware vSphere versions 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7.

License 7 can only be used for VMware vSphere versions 7.X.

Please show the licenses tab you have in the vCenter server

Capture the screenshot and put it in the post, cover the keys.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
nickartman
Contributor
Contributor

It is VCenter 7.0.1 and ESXI 6.7 (I do not believe there is an ESXI 7?)

nickartman_0-1615946944983.png

nickartman_1-1615947005137.png

nickartman_2-1615947074720.png

0 Kudos
nickartman
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like there is an ESXI 7, however it must be fairly recent because I know I have installed VCenter 7 on ESXI 6.7 before and licensed succesfully

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
vCenter server Essentials can only manage up to 3 ESXi host of the same version.

If you have a vCenter server Essentials with version 7.0 you cannot assign license to an ESXi host with version 6.7.

In the vcenter server Essentials there must be 2 licenses entered attached demo image.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos