VMware Cloud Community
remes06
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to download Vsphere 6.5u3

Hello,

I am trying to download Vsphere 6.5u3, but every time I get asked to register for evaluation first. Once I passed this step, I get redirected to the download page of 6.7u3.

Many thanks if anybody knows how to access the 6.5.u3 download page.

RM.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gidrakos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

At the top of the download page, there *should* be an option to choose the version you'd like. It always defaults to the latest. Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
remes06
Contributor
Contributor

That's right, but then I need to click on "Download Trial" and this is where I get redirected to the page showing only 6.7u3 ("2019-08-20 | 6.7.0U3 | 314.66 MB | iso").

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Licensed customers can download older versions, but trials/evaluations are always of the latest version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
remes06
Contributor
Contributor

Got it, thanks!

So my problem is that I hit an apparently known issue in 6.7u3, which is after the Vsphere installation and PC reboot, I get this message "Shutting down firmware services... Page allocation error: Out of resources Failed to shutdown the boot services. Unrecoverable error".

I tried several BIOS workarounds, no luck. So I wanted to revert to an older Vsphere version.

Any hint is welcome.

0 Kudos
Gidrakos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What Scott said - Sorry, I assumed you currently had a license.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can use e.g. the ESXi-Customizer Powershell script (https://www.v-front.de/p/esxi-customizer-ps.html) to create an installation ISO image, that includes the latest patches, i.e. resolves the boot loader issue in the currently available ISO image.

As a side note, the latest version of the ESXi-Customizer script is available on GitHub

André

0 Kudos
IsuruSameera
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to download it by creating a new VMware account.

please thumbs up if this helps.

https://www.iwadmin.info/
0 Kudos