VMware Cloud Community
Raudi
Expert
Expert

Time sync host->VM in vSphere 7.0

Hi,

is here regarding vSphere 7 a new KB? Because this one seems not to match with vSphere 7: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1189

I'm asking because there is a setting in the VM configuration:

Raudi_0-1605000333645.png

Which is per default selected. If i deselect this, there will be this parameter set:

time.synchronize.allow = "FALSE"

So it seems to be different now, and what is here the correct way to disable the time sync? Are the other parameters from the KB still needed? Or is this single parameter replacing that?

Kind regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Raudi
Expert
Expert

Can you tell my why? Host->VM timesync in vSphere 7 is a topic which will only be configured on the ESXi host, so why was the sub community ESXi wrong?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your question is about VM administration and settings, rather than the ESXi host configuration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Raudi
Expert
Expert

o.k. understand. 👍

0 Kudos